Despite UX UI design being a relatively young facet of product design, the number of companies that are involved in it has been steadily increasing over the past two decades or so. Today, thousands of UX firms worldwide are striving for greater designs, with more prestigious clients. The abundance of these firms raises the question, how does one select the ideal UX UI design company for their purposes? Like all other creative fields, UX UI design studios tend to differ greatly not just in quality, but also style and execution. Let’s look out for the right indicators when selecting a UX UI design company for your product or service design:
- Past Projects or Case Studies: Normally, UX UI design companies that are proud of their work will display it on their site in the form of a case study, as seen here. These allow viewers to gain insight into a company’s design process, as well as their creative spark. More importantly, it allows designers to provide the rationale behind their decisions, which can speak greatly to their quality.
- Clientele: A great amount can be discerned by looking at the current, or past clients of any UX UI design company. Again, there are two main things to look out for, the diversity of the client base, and the quality of individual clients. Having a diverse portfolio of clients, from various different industries and fields, shows adaptability on the firm’s part, an ability to shapeshift, and meet the requirements of projects, irrespective of the type.
- Collaboration Process: Arguably the most important point on this list, is the communication and collaboration process of a respective UX UI design company. As with everything, communication is key, and it’s no different when it comes to selecting a design company. This is contingent on many things, how the company reaches out, their professionalism, receptiveness to feedback, and frequency of communication to name a few. A design firm that strives for client satisfaction, through constant communication, iteration. Simple honesty and genuineness is also a major point to consider when seeking a UX UI design company.
- Understanding of Technology: Yet another way to gauge the quality of a UX UI design company is how well they understand the technologies at play in the UX UI field. An understanding of what programs to use in which scenario is an indication of a good designer since the field of UX UI design has become so vast, and multidimensional over the years.
- Testimonials: Testimonials are a fantastic way to gauge how good a UX UI design company truly is, from the client’s perspective. It’s no secret that clients can be tough customers, and with good reason, since at the end of the day, it’s their name which goes on the finished product. So to have a glistening review or kind words from the client itself speaks volumes about the quality of a UX UI design studio.
Conclusion: Deciding on a UX UI design company is no simple task, and hopefully these pointers give you some perspective and allow you to make a more informed decision when it comes to doing the same.