These days the online slot world is incredibly big business, as the industry collectively brings in an absolute ton of revenue, approximately 30% of all global gambling revenue to be exact! That’s pretty impressive, right? And the percentage still continues to climb at an exponential rate. One thing is absolutely assured here – there’s no beating the online slot universe, for fun or revenue!
As is usually the case with big business, there is always the possibility of companies buying each other out or merging, and this is exactly what happens with slot developer companies. It isn’t too common mind you, however there have certainly been occasions where it happens – check out Eye of Horus pay by phone.
Keep reading for a lowdown on slot developer companies and merges amongst slot developer companies.
Top Slot Developer Companies to Remember
Before we get into any actual merges amongst slot developer companies, we thought we would give you a helping hand when choosing online slots to play, and list a few of the top slot developer companies to remember. This will help you massively when trying to choose an online slot title to play, as you’ll have a solid group of developers to choose from:
- Yggdrasil: The Swedish company Yggdrasil are amongst the new breed of online slot developers, having only existed for a bit less than a decade. However, with an ex-NetEnt employee as their CEO they hit the ground running, and have been responsible for some wicked slots like Vikings Go To Hell over the years.
- Big Time Gaming: Another relatively new name on the block, the British slot developer Big Time Gaming have caused an absolute wave of excitement in the slots industry of late, with their incredible Megaways game mechanic wowing audiences around the world.
- NetEnt: NetEnt have been the top slot developer company for approaching two decades now, there is just no messing with this Swedish powerhouse. They are responsible for some of the best slots of all time such as Gonzo’s Quest and Starburst!
Why Would Slot Developers Companies Merge?
One thing that many people probably don’t understand about the concept of slot mergers is why it would actually happen, so let’s try and elucidate here. In the business world in general company mergers can happen quite often, and they are usually done in order to team up, or eliminate the competition!
Look at Amazon, for example, a company who have bought out several other companies, sometimes in order to team up and create new business paths, or simply to eliminate the competition. The same goes for slot developer companies mergers!
Merges Amongst Slot Developer Companies
So then, onto merges amongst slot developer companies. Take a look at a couple of examples from history:
- Bally Technologies & Omega Enterprises: A while before the online slots world took hold, the iconic Bally Technologies slot developer merged with video slot machine manufacturer Omega Enterprises.
- NetEnt & Evolution Gaming: Much more recently, two of the biggest companies in the online casino industry merged, in a move that stunned analysts. Evolution Gaming effectively bought out NetEnt, consolidating their position as market leader.